Daylight is very important if you are working longer periods during the day!
It’s good both for mind and eyes.
Do not forget to install blinds or a curtain to prevent tiring glare from your screen.
Try to add various light sources for an optimal result. Lamps can also be stylish and very decorative.
Good lighting can be built up in a couple of steps;
1. General lighting in the ceiling for an overall good visibility. Connect a dimmer if possible for optimal flexibility.
2. Good working light needs to be focused on the surface without glare or reflections.
3. Use extra task lighting to provide direct light of the job at hand. Use a lamp with a flexible arm so that the light can be adjusted and reach any direction. Place the lamp on the left side of you if you are right handed and reverse, to avoid shadows.
4. Light behind your computer screen will decrease contrasts and make your eyes less tired
5. Try different wattage on the bulb to find your own “light level” for best comfort.